REcand let your users know a little more.
Red Potato Salad
- 1 lb of nugget red potatoes
- 1/2 cup of Italian Parsley, chopped roughly
- 1/3 cup of scallions, chopped loosely
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise or whipped
- 2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water. When knife easily goes through, remove from heat. DO NOT OVERCOOK- potatoes should still be firm for this recipe. Allow to cool completely. Then, cut potatoes in half.
2. Place 4 slices of turkey bacon in toaster oven, and cook at 350F for 10 minutes, or until crunchy to the touch. Allow to cool completely.
3. Place potatoes, parsley, scallions, mayonnaise and vinegar in a large bowl. Mix ingredients well. Shred bacon into small pieces and add to the bowl. Mix again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover, and refrigerate for a few hours.
Makes four (4 ) servings. Per Serving*:
4.8 grams of fat
21.5 grams of Carbs
2.8 grams of Fibre
4.2 grams of Protein
*Nutritional information provided by http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp.
- 1 lb of white flakey fish, like mahi mahi or orata
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp of ancho chili powder (or mexican chili)
- 1/4 cup of cilantro,chopped coarsely
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped coarsley
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- White cabbage, shredded
- Hot Sauce
-Low-fat or fat-free sour cream
- red onion, thinly sliced
-1/3 cup of cilantro, chopped coarsley
- Homemade salsa (see California Salsa recipe)
1. Preheat grill at medium heat.
2. Place fish in a medium-size resealable bag. Combine oil, lime, ancho spice, jalapeno, and cilantro and mix well. Pour marinade mixture into bag, making sure the fish is well covered. Let sit in your fridge for 20 minutes, flipping the bag over after 10 minutes.
3. Remove the fish from the bag, and place on hot grill. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side and then flip, and grill for an additional minute. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Make sure fish is cooked through, but still moist. Remove from grill , and let sit for 5 minutes, before flaking it with a fork.
4. Place the tortillas on the grill for 20 seconds. When warm, add fish and any granish. Season to taste.
Makes four (4) servings of 2 tacos. Per Serving*:
12.4 grams of Fat
29.0 grams of Carbs
4.3 grams of Fibre
25.2 grams of protein
Nutritional information provided by http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp.
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 oz of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of no sugar-added raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup of dark packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour,
- 24 walnut halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring once, until melted and smooth, about one minute.
3. Add applesauce, jam and sugar until well-blended.
4. Lightly beat egg and egg white, and add the vanilla. Add to batter.
5. Add the flour slowly, making sure there are no lumps.
6. Using light cooking spray , grease the mini muffin pan. Alternately, line the pan with mini muffin cups.
7. Spoon the batter into each cup, filling 3/4 full. Top each with a walnut half.
8. Bake at 350F for 10- 12 minutes an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to rack and cool completely.
10. Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes 24 servings. Per Serving*:
3.5 grams of Fat
14 grams of Carbs
0.6 grams of Fibre
2.3 grams of Protein
Nutritional information provided by http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp